Flash Fiction Prompt: First Lines
Choose one of the starters below and use it as the first line in your story.
- They couldn’t think of any reason not to, so they figured “Why not?”
- Emily’s appetite was insatiable, her husband had no idea what had gotten into her.
- If it wasn’t for the water I might have actually gotten there.
- The knight removed her helmet and bowed to the princess.
- How often does someone give you the chance to change your life?
- It was the year 3046.
- Annoyed with his clumsiness, Dane sat there and contemplated how he would get out.
- I would literally kill someone for a soft pretzel.
- It was then, the day the robots descended upon the dinosaurs, the carnage was beyond my wildest nightmares.
- There she was, the woman in the green jacket.